Interim Credit Control Manager Ref: PHS9087.
Organisation: Leading provider of IT products and solutions
Requires: Interim Credit Control Manager
Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Accounts Receivable department of 46 people
- Controlling workflow and ensuring effective collection of outstanding debt to minimise level of bad debt
- To ensure the department runs effectively and efficiently to maintain service levels and minimise debt risk.
- Review workload of Team Leaders to ensure staffing levels are appropriate to achieve the desired result and review performance against plan.
- Management of c .£0.8m credit control budget. The current Sales Ledger value ranges between £37m to £50m.
- Regularly review the activities and functions of the sales ledger and Collections sections.
- Analyse and recommend corrective action for problems affecting payment.
- Weekly and period reporting reviewed for accuracy, produced within specified time-scales and potential areas of concern are highlighted prior to distribution to Exec and Finance Directors.
- Ensure Sales Ledger movements reconcile with General Ledger each period
- Review applications for credit, assess credit worthiness and once satisfied, grant appropriate credit facilities within agreed authority level.
- Ensure the effective collection of debt with the minimum cost to the business whilst upholding the customer service policies.
- Ensure invoices and credit notes are produced on a daily basis.
- Regularly review unallocated cash balances to ensure their legitimacy.
- Conduct credit 'health checks' on external companies, and make appropriate recommendations as to their credit worthiness when requested.
- Oversee the period end routines to ensure the successful closedown of Sales Ledger.
- Must a detailed understanding and experience of credit control
- A qualified accountant with a "hands" on approach .
- Excellent man management and communication skills
Duration: 1 - 3 months
Start date: ASAP
Daily Rate: £350 - £450 plus expenses
Credit Control Manager
If you are suitable, available and an interim manager registered with us, please email me:
- A short synopsis of yourself (assignment targeted profile and bullet points of relevant experience, 10 to 20 lines)
- An up to date CV
- Minimum daily rate
- Contact details of two referees